Sunday, October 03, 2010

Harperland: Exposed PM as a Force of Nature

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”- Calvin Coolidge

I have not read the book and can not provide an analysis on the book but I can understand why Liberals have spent most of the time polling below thirty per cent in the last four years.
Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.-- Louis Pasteur
Hard work ethic, preparation, ability to focus on prize
Lawrence Martin author of Harperland.
Q: You covered the Harper government for all these years. What did you learn in writing the book that surprised you?
A: I learned a lot of impressive things about the prime minister, not just his capacity for control but his complete grasp of a system, how it operated, how he could put a stranglehold on it, not only the system but the issues.
Marjory LeBreton
This is a prime minister with a mind of great depth and reach in terms of knowledge of public affairs. The people I interviewed were constantly amazed by his discipline, how much he knew. He would go into a priorities and planning (cabinet committee) meeting with briefing books four feet high. And he knew more than anybody in the room. At one point, Senator Marjory LeBreton came out and said, ‘My God. He’s even read the annex items.’
That was a surprise for me. I knew he was a very smart man, but the degree of his command of how the system worked was a surprise to a degree.
 
We can look to the Prime Minister as a Force of Nature that is successful because he is the most competent person in the room or we can make excuses for the opposition.While others dream of power, this persons understands how to wield it.
Are they filled with people that are not as persistent and determined in the terms of public affairs? 
Related articles by Zemanta
Enhanced by Zemanta