|GOP sending a message course correction in effect|
Moving aggressively to make good on election promises to slash the federal budget, the House GOP today unveiled an eye-popping plan to eliminate $2.5 trillion in spending over the next 10 years. Gone would be Amtrak subsidies, fat checks to the Legal Services Corporation and National Endowment for the Arts, and some $900 million to run President Obama's healthcare reform program. [See a gallery of political caricatures.]
Here is the Glee version called "Forget you". I included the original version at the bottom. Language warning in original clip.
Many cuts in programs and subsidies caught my eye. This one will drive the econ-nuts over the edge. The video encompasses my thoughts on the Liberal-left demand of taxpayers money.
|Italian student protests on rising fees|
Federal Workforce Reforms: Eliminate automatic pay increases for civilian federal workers for five years. Additionally, cut the civilian workforce by a total of 15 percent through attrition. Allow the hiring of only one new worker for every two workers who leave federal employment until the reduction target has been met.
- Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. $12.5 million annual savings.
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy. $445 million annual savings.
- Amtrak Subsidies. $1.565 billion annual savings.
- Community Development Fund. $4.5 billion annual savings.
- Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants. $2.5 billion annual savings.
- Economic Assistance to Egypt. $250 million annually.
- U.S. Agency for International Development. $1.39 billion annual savings.
This is the original version