|Revised Pie Chart 1.0 (Thanks Mark)|
|Original Pie Chart (Error Noted)|
Another inconvenient truth about political organizations. It takes money to run them. Some are just better at asking and finding support from Canadians.
The Conservatives have had 36,744 donors donate to their party in the third quarter of 2010 for just over four million. The Liberals came in second with $ 1.3 million from 16,619 donors. The Democrats placed third with almost $ 1.1 million with 12,643 donors. The Green came up in fourth with $ 278,062 from 2,896 donors. The Separatists came in last with only $ 112,055 from 1,290 donors.
The Conservative Party again dominates the political landscape with beating the combined total of the opposition in dollars and donors. The Liberals replaced Dion with Ignatieff in December 2009. How much time will they give his executive to close the gap?
2009 Q3 vs 2010 Q3
- Conservatives $ 4,514,207 from 39,785 vs. 2010 a drop off $ 469k with 3,011 less donors.
- Liberals $ 1,944,231 from 17,810 donors vs. 2010 a drop off $608k with 1,271 less donors.
- Democrats $ 1,077,750 from 13,705 donors vs 2010 a gain of $ 8,395 with 1,062 less donors.
- Green $ 239,953 from 3,315 donors vs 2010 a gain of $ 38,109 with 419 less donors.
- Separatists $ 221,259 from 2,688 donors vs 2010 a loss of $ 109,204 with 1398 less donors.
|3rd Quarter: 2009 vs 2010|
The highlight is the significant drop in dollars and donors for the Separatists comparison of the third quarter 2009 vs 2010 and lack of financial support of momentum in donors or dollars from the Liberal express this summer.
What's up with the mainstream media not be able to connect the dots with the poor financial performance from the political left leaning parties and their inability to fund a national television ad buy?
Information is available in more detail on The Pundits Guide regarding finances.