The improvements are meant to speed up commuter traffic and commercial trade, particularly along busy 400-series highways as well as into and out of Toronto.
Projects range from $100,000 for road repairs in Timiskaming to $8.3 million to resurface the Queen Elizabeth Way/Highway 403 to Highway 6 in Burlington.
There are seven projects planned for Highway 401, worth $12.2 million. The province estimates 431,900 vehicles use Highway 401 through Toronto each day.
McGuinty said the projects will create or preserve up to 1,100 jobs, with work set to begin this spring.-CBC News
Is this the adult version of an Easter Egg Hunt? Where, what will the PM and Premier being announcing later today.
The Premier's office is providing no advance details about the 11:30 a.m. press conference that will take place on Edwards Blvd., in the Hurontario St./Hwy. 401 area.
The Premier and Prime Minister will answer questions at that time.
WARNING TOP SECRET
Top Five ( This is not a spoiler alert)
- Post Secondary Building - Sheridan College
- N.H.L. Arena - Don Cherry agrees to coach new team.
- Tim Horton's Hall of Fame
- Mental Health Centre - how to pass through airport security without making news
- Language Translation Centre - For political doublespeak