Mr. Levant called the cancellation a sad commentary on the state of free speech in Canada. “When you start to intimidate and pose as security threat, there is no longer free speech.”
Ezra Levant, lawyer and former publisher of the Western Standard magazine, spoke before Coulter on Monday and called Houle’s letter a “veiled threat.”
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
- (a) freedom of conscience and religion;
- (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
- (c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
- (d) freedom of association.
- Last night a small number of people decided what was appropriate thought, opinion and expression and prevented another group of people from participating in a peaceful assembly.
- Coulter 1 - Intolerant Left - 0
- Ann won last night exposing the intolerant left in subverting freedom of assemby and free speech. History has many examples, groups of young adults being manipulated to silence and attack dissenting views. The letter from the provost was a mistake and should be investigated if this was the only time admininstration sent a warning letter to a conservative female presenter. The Human Rights Tribunal should investigate the administration on the percieved double standard after no action on Aparthied Week.
- Nazi's Germany brown shirts Mussolini Black shirts China's cultural revolution.
- The publicity from the protestors will only help her increase her draw, fees, more dates for speaking engagements. (Updated Edited ) Controversy SELL$
- 24 March, 2010 07:41
- Here is a sample of some discourse
- Eric, you are avoiding the historical references to the mob rule and goons who break up dissenting speech, freedom of assembly. You are proving my point by arguing in favour of limiting my rights as you feel necessary to protect yours. Liberty is not for all? 1) Recourse is using our Rule of Law, and charging her with contravention of our laws. 2) That did not take place. Do you agree to limit rights based on a very small number of people making decisions what qualifies as acceptable speech or assembly? The example of Aparthied Week demostrates a bias on what is being allowed for public discourse?
- Do you agree to limit rights based on a very small number of people making decisions what qualifies as acceptable speech or assembly?